Monday, July 20, 2009

Back From Japan

Hi all!!!

I just thought I'd do a quick post and say that I went to Tokyo a couple weeks ago. I didn't take any photos. Sorry. :-(

I stayed in Shibuya. Every day I picked a different direction and walked. It was the most amazing experience of my life. Even better than that one time in Vegas that I can't talk about. :-D Literally, when I came back I couldn't talk to anyone without getting choked up about the time I had there.

There is no way I can get it all in on one post. So I'll be doing a series of posts on the trip.

Before I go into details, though, let me start by saying that I don't travel the way most folks do. Yes, I researched this trip for years. Even took Japanese classes for over a year. When I decided to go, all that planning went out the window. As soon as I arrived I KNEW what I was going to do.

Pick a direction and walk.

Yeah, I went to Tokyo and saw corners of the Emperor's Palace. Yes, I spent two days in Akihabara. But the most joy I had was getting lost walking somewhere between Shibuya and Shinjuku.

Just like the first time I went Salsa dancing, as soon as I needed my Japanese classes -- I forgot everything!!! And here I was completely lost asking directions!!! By the end of my week I started to feel more comfortable with my limited working knowledge of Japanese. But by then it was time to come home.

So, where does that leave me for this installment? I'll do more detailed installments as I go. But hold on to your hats! I had the time of my life. And I want to go back!!!

Thanks,

TohoMonster

No comments: